Saturday, October 5, 2024

REMEMBERING "BIG BOY".......




known only by "Big Boy".....abandoned or lost, he lived in the woods behind my home....then, mustering some courage, came to the garden with conjunctivitis, covered with fleas, with matted fur.....a pitiful mess.......curled up against a visiting infant child and looked at me, as if to say...."I'm a good cat......really......", pus running from his eyes and nose........After he 'chose' to live with me.....cleaned up and free of disease and parasites....Big Boy became quite a 'looker"........In no time at all, he was receiving admirers from his scrap fabric covered 'throne'......and lived, happily until his sudden and unexpected death from a massive heart attack, moments after cavorting with me, playing 'roll up' ,like Cleopatra, in his favorite little nomadic rug.......Seeing this photo......I wax nostalgic and a little teary......Big Boy was as sweet and loving as a cat could be......







No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.