Friday, October 2, 2026

Who was the Shutterbug? Perhaps, studying another dozen of these old photos will 'clue me in'....

a large format WWII era photograph from the closet .......'why it was in my mother's 'hope chest'?' is a question, still unanswered.......Perhaps, one of the GIs, shopping for souvenirs of his War Travels.....is one of my Uncles..... I haven't a clue......So......it goes back to the closet with other Nostalgia that 'I really don't have a clue about'...


this was taken by the photographer that documented George Herbert, 5th Earl of Carnarvon's discovery of King Tutankhamun's tomb.....I have a couple of photos of Carnarvon's family, on horseback.....I've had these photos since I was 24 or 25.....However, I'm a bit confused about this particular photograph, which....from the Army uniforms the men are wearing, seems to be of a later 'style' than what I thought soldiers were wearing when Harry Burton, the 'official photographer' for Carnarvon's discovery died, in 1940......So......I think the first photograph may have been taken by Joe Singleton, an Australian actor who travelled around the world and took photos of his travels, and later lived at The Alhambra Apartments, in Atlanta....which makes more sense......There are so many 'mysteries' from the stacks of old photos, slides and films from my family......I'm, somewhat, a detective.....and enjoy 'finding stuff out'.....and have the time to do it, now that I 'don't have to work!' in any 'make money' kind of way.........

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.