Tuesday, October 20, 2009

THE MAP IS IN THE BOTTOM DRAWER




I do not think that it is in anyone's best interest that I decipher my intricate maps of the garden of the forking paths, for they are but maps that I have annotated in my own travels. And it is these maps that have pre-destined my future excursions. The HANDCUFF sign, as provocative as it is, leads to shallow water and steep hills. The CASHMERE GLOVE sign, seemingly soft and gentle, leads to the land of the Sybarites, who cannot be trusted for good advice. Walk a little further until you see the sign of the OPEN HAND, exercising caution that you do not mistake the crossroad sign, THE GAUNTLET, for it. Only one is bare and plain, the other--jeweled and precious. Without vision, things are not what they seem, and with it....i reckon that they are exactly as they are....












Translucent by hands upon black earth

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.