Sunday, November 4, 2012

Brideshead Revisited - Always Summer......Then Fall....Then Winter.....



Out of the Cradle.....Endlessly rocking......Where does the idealism of Youth go? I just re-read the novel....then, remembering the 1981 film adaptation with Jeremy Irons......I fell into nostalgic meanderings through emotional memories......As I fall toward my 70's, which will be here in a flash, with the diminishment of expectation and the resolution of misspent time, I am left alone with my musings on the would-have-beens and wish-it-weres, to contemplate...as millions have done before me....the trajectories of Fate, Happenstance, Coincidence and Will...the place that I am, my scorn of mediocrity, my thirst for Platonic Truth and my conciliatory acceptance of amphilogistic seques along the coursing to Oblivion. Where does the Time go? I feel that I have journeyed deep into the labyrinth of this continuum, into an impenetrable forest of expectations, anticipations and utopian hopes; but, as the strength of youth begins to fail, I must fall on the path, imagining the spirits of the dead before me, still beckoning, as I stumble forward of my last footsteps.....

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.