Monday, June 18, 2018




My stepfather, Tom, was secretive about his 'personal' thoughts and activities......He had a mistress for a couple of years, kept a deck of 'naughty girl' cards in his bedside lamp table's drawer, along with a copy of Lady Chatterley's Lover and a copy of his divorce papers from his first marriage, pinned to a cork board.......Unlike me, he would never....ever.....have put this photograph on display, anywhere.....Instead, he had a photo of his saintly, Presbyterian DAR mother, in an oval frame....which I have now....on the piano.......Tom was basically shy and humble, but he had fantasy fixations on 'naughty girls', and once....in Kansas City....took me to a topless bar, where a chesty barmaid slipped me a sloe gin fizz, when Tom 'slipped' her a 'fiver'.....

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.