Friday, September 7, 2018

ROUTINE

Few step from the treadmill, and many who do spend the rest of their lives trying to 'get back on it'.......Next week, I'm 'testing' my own proclivity for both subconscious routines, associative sub-routines and habitual and often irrationally unreflective behavior. For example: since many believe that I am 'addicted' to Cooking and Eating, I've challenged myself to change my grocery-shopping habits by not getting any of my 'regular' food items, but instead.....trying only new and untested foodstuffs, then preparing these in new and heretofore unexpected ways. (aware, of course of the "Catch 22", there!) I discussed my 'plan' with an old friend who follows very strict and inflexible 'habituations' that I've long thought were both desensitizing and, eventually, boring. He thinks that 'Routine" and "Habit" insure long-term productivity, predictability and point prevalent normalcy; and, that the disruption of experiential repetition leads, inevitably, to confusion and anxiety........I'm already 'thinking' myself outside "routine" by varying the associational relationships between concepts, experiences and mindsets, which is how we humans and most living things adapt and evolve within our concentric Framework....itself, a limiter, definer and negligible modifier......that we/they have been born into or have chosen as a sub-structural lattice for growth and development......

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.