Monday, February 10, 2020

A Man's a MAN, whatever 'that' 'IS".......

the 'compromise' long earring.......after being 'called out' for my 'lobe decor' at a conservative party..........just some more 'gender bias'.... I remember, well, being sent to the Store Manager's office for wearing a simple diamond ear stud while employed by Saks 5th Avenue....almost a half century ago.....and sent to 'the Principal's office' in 1962, for wearing a 3mm gold 'ball' in my left lobe...... I asked the Principal if he would have sent Marilyn Monroe 'home' for wearing a big earring!......"But she's a 'woman'" he shouted at me!.....I called a cab and went home! What about Burt Lancaster!!!?? what about those Maharajahs? "We're Americans!" I was told "So...what is Marilyn Monroe?", I thought.....

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.