Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Dining, Alone....as usual

no thank you....I can make a better lunch, without leaving home, driving in traffic, waiting in line at that trendy 'brunch' place......before my friends were served, I cranked out some white cornmeal and yellow grits-covered spicy chicken tenderloins with a 'snaking' of green curry sauce, French-herbed fingerling potatoes with fresh rosemary and cabbage/carrot coleslaw, quick-marinated in rice vinegar, some corn relish that I made a few days ago and a glass of spicy chai tea........and, no cacophony, no steel eating tools, no morning elevator pop muzak or ubiquitous 'live trio', playing 80's greatest hits........and no 'getting dressed'! My absence gives everyone 'someone to talk about' over coffee and beignets.....

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.