Sunday, May 23, 2021

WHY ASK MY ADVICE, IF YOU REALLY WANT A 'LASSIE COME HOME' POSTER ON HIS BABY BLUE WALLS, GRANNIE?



I was asked, yesterday, for some advice about 'choosing a couple of old movie posters' for an acquaintance's 25 year-old grandson's new apartment.......'He loves old movies, so I thought I'd get him a couple of 'cool' posters for his 'entertainment room' wall"......Since every time I've seen him, he seemed either stoned, drunk or 'high' on something.....I advised her to get this pair......She was, as I would have expected, disgusted by my advice and decided to acquire a couple of old 'dinosaur movie' posters..........Jurassic Park and Ice Age...(ho-hum).....I recalled the time, when I was around 12, that I wanted a subscription to Famous Monsters of Filmland, from my 'bible-toting' Aunt Frances, for my b'day.....She gave me a zippered, leather-bound bible with my name, stamped in gold on it's cover......I didn't toss it into the trash, but its 'gilt' pages are still stuck together, never opened......I attempted to return the bible to get the "refund" money for the magazine subscription; however, 'no returns on "customized items'! Aunt Frances commented, "You are a 'dark' child, honey, but I love you anyway.....more than you could ever know.....Should I have gotten you Barbie and Ken dolls?" .....Oh, please!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.