Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Before I read The Foxes.....Before My Aunt Louise's Confession......Before I knew of Anything, other than '1950's Normalcy'.......

 





Perhaps.....because it is Gay Pride Month......I dreamt, last night, of my tap and ballroom instructor, Miss Irene Jones.....and her long-time 'lady friend', Miss Alta Trotman, with whom she lived for many years......I remember and dreamt last night.....sitting on their porch, under a flickering gas light, being hypotized by gazing into the tiny diamond, set into onyx, in my first 'diamond ring'....a gift from one of my Mother's admirers, when I was in 3rd Grade.....while waiting for my 'ride' home from Miss Irene's 'Dance Class'..........My transport was a half hour late, so I sat on a porch swing, lost in reveries, gazing into my diamond......noticing, through a gauzy, curtained window, Miss Irene, lovingly brusing Miss Alta's floor-length hair.......Not yet a teenager, but with some pubescent hormonal changes 'happening', I wondered.....mesmerized by 'diamond gazing'.......

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.