Wednesday, December 28, 2022

COMIX SOLUTIONS

 As a means of reducing the size of Humans, to prevent Human overpopulation of Earth, by utilizing the mass of a White Dwarf Star, that Dr. Ray Palmer had discovered, controlling the miniaturization process via a handy high-tech tool belt, worn by his alter-ego, The Atom, the Future of our planet was arrested from Mankind's 'Progress'.......In 9th Grade, I was confident that Flash and Atom, working at a sub-atomic level, would save the Universe from the failed efforts of other superheros like the 'caped' Superman and Batman...... Going through some old boxes of DC and Marvel comic 'books', in the basement.....this "Cover" brought back the memory of my having ordered a Venus Fly Trap, from an ad within one of the comics...and the 'fantasy evolution' tank that I made from one of my old aquariums....to replicate a miniature world, within it's confines.....I suppose, to gain some sense of control over my own Life, which seemed, at that time, to be moving forward via the wills of others.....Give me a minute, while I fly, backwards, around the earth, at the speed of light.....to stop....and feed Gertie, my virtual dinosaur.....'Don't you want to go outside and 'play' with 'Butch' and 'Charles', honey?', asked Mother....."instead of making that big stink with a bunsen burner, boiling vials of potassium sulfide? Or making tire rubber and aluminum foil rockets to launch stink bugs into orbit?.....and, please, don't wash your hair with peroxide and ammonia!"




No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.