Sunday, March 31, 2024

A MEMORY FROM A TRIP TO THE EMORY HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM....SEVEN YEARS AGO........


This afternoon, while waiting on an oil change, a businessman in a blue suit, rep tie and tassel loafers, and carrying not one but two Google phones, sat next to me in the waiting room.....We did not speak. He then received a call on one of his phones and began to converse with his caller......about fags and dykes....laughing and expressing both ridicule and contempt.......I was already in a crappy mood, from all the miasma of crap that I'd already experienced in the past 48 hours.... The 'suited' man, between calls and twitter/facebook check-ins, asked me what I thought about 'faggots'.....[yes, he's asking this guy, me, who is wearing black and white polka-dotted harem pants, red white and black squid-print socks and stark white croc shoes and a neck pendant of a Greek God.....hello!......]. I asked him for his e-mail address, under the pretext of sending him a link to my (non-existant) Lexus repair facility........I did send him a link to a Macklemore & Ryan Lewis video. As he left, I noticed that he had a "i voted for Trump' decal on his vehicle..........Other than having gotten some really great strawberry iced cream and blackberries at the grocery.......today was NOT very uplifting.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.