Thursday, February 7, 2008

RESPONSE TO INSISTENT PRODDING


After not having communicated in what, for us, was a long time, i felt hopeful when you called; regrettably, i felt the anger and resentment in your voice, and was saddened by the fact that, even after time for completive and introspective meditation, the terminus for our conversation would be the same ugly place as when last we conversed at any depth.....it is my compliance that is the issue, isn't it? You can believe whatever you like...whatever gives you comfort.....I am not the pagan jungle savage that impales the heads of missionaries, but an irreligious man who is annoyed by constant proselytizing. Having been an atheist since i developed enough grey matter to think deterministically about Life, it has taken me some practice at shirting the sensitivities of "Believers" and treading upon burning coals when expressing any negation of what appears to me to be absurd and irrational dogmas which i consider and expect, with hopeful condescension, will diminish and achieve, in time, the evanescence of transitory delusion; nevertheless, the fortified bulwarks of those seeking Higher Reward are constantly forced into my perspective of clarity with the other motes of unbelievability and patronizing Polonial condescensions, by which, i am only annoyed, that I must take the passive posture of being fucked by those whose dicks are up their own asses, but for whom i must express respect and intellectual subservience to remain in good favor.....my fate may await me, but only in This life..... Dr. Dawkin has my support, but my advice to that rottweiler, and any other preacher, is to get on with his life.....there are just too many of the Righteous to do battle with....and they are equipped, by their ignorance and blind faith, to really hurt those who refuse to conform or comply with the conventions of posthumous regalia and unconscious awakeness.....i believe that the healthiest souls are those unfettered by expectations which extend beyond the decay of their own flesh........: "I am the master of My Fate, and I am the captain of my Soul......" (William Ernest Henley); i believe in what can be demonstrated........but in the God of Moses.....i think not....and arrogantly so...in my youth....and indifferently, even, in my years declining toward their end......"how sad that you have not found.....this or that.....or", some say........Perhaps i just pursue the Truth......as it is not shrouded in mystery, nor has it delivered any promises carved on the stones of memory or calling for my attention, for, like God, it is but a Concept to which i aspire.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.