Sunday, November 16, 2008

THE CROWN

 


25 or 30 years ago i sold an important piece of jewelry for a friend, who...in lieu of paying the standard commission of $8000...agreed to fabricate a crown of silver, paper, iron....it didn't really matter....in place of my commission.....I waited 15 years, then decided that there was not even a folded paper crown forthcoming.....another good friend, Rebecca, gave me this French tiara and I was happy as Punch......I have several crepe paper crowns, of course...in different colors....and a leather diadem with an art noveau ornament affixed to its front......as a young boy i played historical fantasy games with cousins in my grandparent's yard.....it was a hard call between Robin of Locksley's fetching cap with feather and Richard's crown.......now, the cap makes me look like a progerian child, whereas the crown seems right at home....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.