Friday, November 21, 2008

PHONY RELICS


20 years ago, i buried many pieces of broken pottery that had accumulated in my collecting heyday........in a boxwood garden in the courtyard of the plaza in which my antique store resided......It became a regular routine to dump broken and irreparable items into the earth there.........I wonder if, when the site is excavated....many decades from now, the "diggers" will notice the chards and bits and think that it is a "ruin".......an aztec ruin.....in Atlanta~! As a young child, I was always intriqued by the concept of "secret treasure" and read TREASURE ISLAND and THE BOMBA BOOKS and anything that dealt with undersea, underground, hidden crypts or extra-terrestrial treasure.......this pre-occupation probably led to my becoming an antique dealer.......digging through worthless junk to find treasures.....later, the game moved up to digging through pricey stuff to find expensive treasure........now that I've retired from "practice", I am again digging through junk to find treasures.......and the unwanted remains are buried at various sites......for future prospectors........or, of course, dumped into the aquarium.........
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.