Friday, December 11, 2009

SAN FRANCISCO


I found a stack of pics from our trip to S.F. Gumps was being remodelled that year and it's buyers were on hiatus. A sophisticated lady and her erutite son were there to sell inherited Orientalia that had been lanquishing in their attic for almost a hundred years......I was there, however, and a valuable connection was established for my antique store back in Atlanta.......Also, a major dept. store was closing its doors that week....another unplanned opportunity arose in that. We got to tour Alcatraz and I stood in the "Birdman"'s cell, from which he escaped....Friends, Jon and Gary were living there at the time.....another boon.....Reis and I took good pictures and Rebecca got some much needed R&R..... This photograph brought it all back to me.....the wonders of nostalgia......
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.