Sunday, February 7, 2010

ULYSSES......



By 16, I was just gravitating from John Blaine's Scientific Adventure Novels and Classic Illustrated Novels, having read only "Lady Chatterley's Lover", then widely censored, and the standard fare such as "Penrod and Sam", Mark Twain's novels and Bomba The Jungle Boy Books......Then, on the coffee table in Dr. Czerny's living room, I came across "Ulysses"......the then impenetrable novel by James Joyce. I realized, at that moment, that there was much more than was ever dreamt in my Philosophy......Just reading pages at random were enough to set me off on my philosophical journey through Life and Living........ Viewing this painting, by Paul Cadmus set off other areas of my brain!

















No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.