Saturday, February 6, 2021

INFORMATION STORAGE AND NEUROPLASTICITY

 As I read, recently: "The neuronal gene Arc is essential for long-lasting information storage in the mammalian brain, mediates various forms of synaptic plasticity, and has been implicated in neuro-developmental disorders." (like autism, for one) I have long considered this possibility, and am pleased that 'real' scientists, rather than just philosophical tinkerers like myself, are actually performing Studies.....When I wrote, rather conjecturally, about this possibility 15 years ago....many of my friends just thought I was nuts and that my writings were just conceptual Art.......We are but worlds within worlds within worlds of chemical bonds and molecular-level interdependency.....as William Burroughs said, decades ago......"Language is a Virus........from outer space.." Perhaps Consciousness is really that......

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.