Wednesday, July 20, 2022

MY FIRST INTRODUCTION TO POETRY.....WE HAD TWO VOLUMES OF CHILDREN"S POETRY BY ROBERT LEWIS STEVENSON IN THE SHELVES AT THE HEAD OF MY CHILDHOOD BED.........IT WAS POETRY THAT I READ OR WROTE.......A COUPLE OF YEARS BEFORE "PROSE".........



In winter I get up at night
And dress by yellow candle-light.
In summer quite the other way,
I have to go to bed by day.

I have to go to bed and see
The birds still hopping on the tree,
Or hear the grown-up people’s feet
Still going past me in the street.

And does it not seem hard to you,
When all the sky is clear and blue,
And I should like so much to play,
To have to go to bed by day?

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.