Tuesday, October 5, 2021

PIECING TOGETHER ALABAMA FAMILY HISTORY FROM BITS IN BOXES, ON HANGERS, AMBROTYPES, TINTYPES AND DAGUERROTYPES .......

old tintype.....after much 'cleanup'.....some Civil War Era teens, posing with cigars........Oh, my....that's an earlier version of 'me' .....actually, some now forgotten ancestor, anyway....on the right, wearing a brooch and cap, as I do now....I have the jacket, worn by the lad on the left, in my 'costume' collection......a few small moth holes in the wool, but...still... wearable, over a century and a half later.......and, ironically, someone tossed a little cigar from a car window, just this morning....just like the little Tiparello cigars, made in Dothan, Alabama, that these naughty boys are smoking....




No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.